Khan Law PLLC is currently hiring for the following positions:
Senior Construction Contracts Specialist Attorney (Part-Time, Remote-Acceptable)
Join our growing, family-friendly firm with a focus on serving the construction industry in a flexible capacity.
Primary responsibility will be to advise clients on construction contract drafting and negotiation, which shall include:
- Developing standard form owner-contractor agreements, as well as standard form riders to commonly employed AIA contract forms.
- Developing standard form subcontracts or master subcontract programs.
- Advising clients on negotiation of particular contract provisions in connection with particular subcontracts.
- Representation in transactional matters for the firm’s client base, including some commercial lease negotiation, asset purchase agreements, consulting agreements and similar contract drafting and negotiation.
- Assist with negotiation of complex change orders and drafting of partial and final settlement agreements and waivers and releases.
Secondary responsibility will include some litigation and bid protest related work and research and preparation of articles for publication in scholarly and trade journals on subject matter relevant to the firm’s client base.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Strong academic credentials; and
- Admission to practice in a United States Jurisdiction.
- Experience negotiating construction contracts in Massachusetts.
- Admission to practice (or pending admission) in Rhode Island.
- Expectation of 750 billable hours per year.
- Flexible schedule.
- Remote work acceptable.
- Benefits negotiable.
Please provide a resume, references, writing sample and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.